May 28, 2013

Minnesota Summer



I'd just like to say:  PRAISE THE LORD IT'S FINALLY SUMMER. 

 The happiness abounds. 

I had the pleasure of spending my first week of summer in the beautiful state of Minnesota. Minnesota is, by far, my favorite state in the entire United States. Some people find it to be too cold, but I think it's perfect in both the winter and the summer. Unlike Nebraska, you can count on Minnesota to have snow and lots of it, and in the summer you can count on balmy weather that you can escape from in the... WATER... there is actually water in Minnesota. To top of my love for Minnesota, the people are great, and I have family there- lots and lots of family. So last week that's where I went, to my cousin's in Minnesota. It was probably one of the best weeks of my life. (I think I say that after every time I go up). 

We spent countless hours having nothing but fun. 

I have the coolest family in the world. 

Lauren (cough my cousin) is probably my soulmate. We have decided that if we are never cool enough to get married, we will just grow old together. She's pretty much my sister, cousin, and best friend all wrapped up inside one beautiful body. We laughed and laughed and laughed some more. 

Justin and Emily are the coolest cats on the planet. Like I honestly can't even write about how cool they are. It's just... ugh. I love them. 

The adventures that we went on that week were fantastic. We went out to fancy dinners, went to movies, went on bike-ride-attempts, and long boarded more than what's good for us. 




v  scroll down  v


Stormy afternoons at Grandma & Grandpa's. 


Why is rain-driving more fun than any other type of travel?



Countless hours of music were listened and jammed to. Countless. 



We spent a morning at the beautiful Minnesota Arboretum with their delightful grandparents.
 My heart






LONGBOARD SHOP ^^^^^^^^^




Too legit to quit. 


We made some fantastic juice using my Aunt Jennifer's new juicer. 
Apples
Oranges
Kale.

It'll change your life. 



nothin better than lilacs. 




We had a brilliant idea to bike to the Minnetonka Drive In. Twas brilliant. After about 45 min of prep, the tires were finally full and we were finally at the bike trail. We set out on a vintage tandem-bike, prepared for a lovely afternoon ride. After a few pictures were taken, we had gone about 1/3 of a mile and BANG the tire blew out. 

Okay. Try again. Let's just drive there. 











and of course it was old car night. Stellar. 








The rest is history. 









4 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVEEE YOU SOOOO MUCCCHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhhhhh I LOVE YOU SO FREAKING MUCH. COME BACK THERE HAVE BEEN MULTIPLE JOB POSTINGS AND I KEEP LOOKING AT THEM AND SAYING WHITNEY!!!!! COME BACKK!!!!

    Did I mention I love you? But Babycakes loves you just as much. This is not a 1up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are so fantastic and I miss you so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! how fun! love the photos.

    ReplyDelete