June 29, 2013

portable beds and stars.

Last night Katie and I accomplished our Pinterest dreams. If you have ever been on Pinterest you have probably seen the picture of the people sleeping in the bed of a pickup. 
Okay fine.
 You haven't?


So last night Katie and I did that, and let me tell you it was fantastic. Do I overuse the word fantastic? Well that's what it was. I got off work around 10 last night then went directly to pick up Katie at her house. I was literally driving our bed around, it was a different kind of experience.  So we got out to the pasture around 11, loaded up on bug spray, and after we got all situated and snuggled in to a surprisingly comfortable mass of blankets we looked up to see the stars blazing.
I don't know if I have ever seen that many stars, and the longer we seemed to look the more stars there seemed to be. We live in a giant snow-more-like-star-globe, I swear. 

 Last night was one of the coolest nights I have ever had in my entire life. 

If you ever get the chance to sleep outside. 
Do it. 

Waking up with the sun on my face and a breeze in my hair this morning wasn't all too bad either.

 Bugs  weren't even an issue. 








and then around 9:30 this morning, I drove our portable bed home to where we could find Cinnamon Toast Crunch, coffee, and a bathroom. 

Check that off our list. 

Listening to: Colours by Grouplove 

No comments:

Post a Comment