March 18, 2013

cheesin.

Alright.. cough.. this next post is a little, well, embarrassing. In Art class we had the option of either A) creating a collage out of pictures or B) submitting a poster to an Art contest with the possibility of winning 50 or something bucks. So naturally I choose the option B. The only draw backs of this little contest is that there was a theme, and that theme happened to be "Don't be a bully. Be a friend" GAG. I might have thrown up a little. Don't get me wrong, I AM anti-bullying. It's awful and kids should never have to go through anything like that. We should put an end to it. I just felt over cliche, and if you know English very well over-cliche is super super cliche. I felt like a teeny-bopper (as my mother so lovingly coins us) who shares gagy "swag" pictures on facebook. In the end I swallowed my pride and bit off the poster. My friends, Talia and Tori, who you all know so well, collaborated with me and thus we developed this picture. It was a very fun project to create. It involved thinking of as many insults as we could then writing them on my face (we even had to google some... which I guess is a good thing), trying numerous arm postions, and making Whitney cry. I literally was crying during the shoot. We discovered that Avril Lavigne's "When You're Gone" opens up my easy accessed flood-gates like a charm. We also YouTubed the saddest moments in Disney history. Struggles. 

The finished poster is bellow. 

Shout-out to Walgreens for printing it at 9 PM. 





okay this was sorta fun. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment